Plum’s® Award-Winning ProtectaHip® Hip Protectors
DON’T LET A BROKEN HIP END YOUR ACTIVE LIFESTYLE™.
Choose ProtectaHip® when you want the original, award-winning hip protector with the best and longest track record for safety and dependability. Choose ProtectaHip® when you want patented breakthrough technology which has improved lives by preventing hip fractures for over 20 years. Choose ProtectaHip® when you want freedom with safety, comfort, and empowerment.
More about Plum® Fall Protection
Osteoporosis leads to hip fractures.
One in two women and one in four men over 50 will have an osteoporosis-related fracture in their lifetime.
>> National Institutes of Health
Hip Protectors that need replacement after one impact or one laundry cycle risk your safety and drain your budget. ProtectaHip® Hip Protectors can last more than 50 times longer than other hip protectors. Choose the best for your safety, comfort, and budget. Choose Plum’s® ProtectaHip®.
- Proven Superior Safety Effectiveness. ProtectaHip® hip protectors are engineered for optimal safety by ASTM standards and designed for proper placement and generous protection against 3 critical sites of hip fractures surrounding the Greater Trochanter.
- Dependable. Unlike hip protector brands that keep changing the pad structures due to injuries and product failures, ProtectaHip® hip protectors are made with the same family of core materials Plum has engineered into its products with proven, unmatched fall safety success for over 25 years.
- Ergonomic. ProtectaHip® hip protectors anatomically conform to each individual for a custom fit that’s comfortable enough for sleeping for nighttime safety and independence.
- Optimal Hygiene. ProtectaHip® undergarment hip protectors are double-lined in the finest cotton stretch maximum comfort, breathability, durability, and anti-bacterial safety.
- Safe. ProtectaHip® hip protectors are rugged and dependable. No plastic pouches that tear. No hard shells that shift. No clumsy external belts. No foams that rupture when wet. No pads that melt in the dryer. Just safety when you need it, durability you can count on, and the convenience of machine wash & dry.
- Budget-Friendly. Unlike inexpensive brands that are quickly discarded, Plum’s ProtectaHip® hip protectors are made with only the highest quality of materials for long-term safety and dependability.
- Stylish. ProtectaHip® Hip Protectors are available in General Use and Lace Covered Undergarments, ProtectaHip® Front Snap™, convenient for incontinence, and in Versatile ProtectaHip® Active Lounge Pants™ and ProtectaHip® Active Lounge Shorts™.
Choose ProtectaHip® Hip Protectors when you want the best odds in your favor. More about Plum® ProtectaHip® Hip Protectors
ASTM IMPACT ABSORPTION Less is More!
The Lower the Number, the Greater the Protection
ProtectaHip® hip protectors are engineered for optimal safety wet or dry. Others use foams that rupture when wet and require Warning Labels. Compare Plum’s Number to the other brands: Plum’s number is as low as 79, compared with 212.5 and 341.5 That’s how much more impact energy is reaching the hip. A number above 200 is dangerous.
While no hip protector can guarantee protection from all impacts or injuries, Plum is committed to engineering only the highest quality of materials for safety effectiveness, rugged dependability, and lightweight comfort.
Plum’s ProtectaHip® Hip Protector Pads are fire-retardant and self-extinguishing, for the safety of patients, caregivers and nursing homes. Other brands catch fire and keep burning.